Thursday, June 14, 2012

Photos of my girls

There's no change here with the girls.  Spice seems stable.  She is still easily excited in to a wheezing and open beak panting in the afternoon.  She will also scream, like she might be in pain, if I squeeze her in the fluffy butt region.  But she continues to lay eggs.  So I don't know what to think.

Ginger has not laid an egg in near a week.  I gave her a good feel up tonight and feel nothing wrong with her.  She's happy-go-lucky, eating, drinking, her tail up high.  Can a hen really turn off her ability to lay eggs?

I did feel that the hens were in some state of mourning when Sugar did not return.  Ask me to put that into words and I cannot.  But there was a change in their behavior and attitude this week and only tonight do I feel they are starting to come around.

Coco eating her final dose of medicine on Monday.  There was never an issue getting her to take her medicine.  She's a food eating machine.  She'll eat just about anything you put in front of her. 
Coco would prefer I not pick her up but she'll tolerate it.  She's a beautiful bird.  And being a Jersey Giant, she's a BIG girl.  I never cease to be amazed at what girth she has to her.
Sweet Ginger.  Never minds being picked up and cuddled.

Honey Bear also love to be picked up and is so very affectionate.

And finally, Spice.  Doesn't mind being held.  But isn't as big of a snuggler as Ginger and Honey Bear.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! Beautiful girls! Glad everything seems to be settling down. I wouldn't discount upset at Sugar being missing but hopefully they are getting used to the new situation now. you all look so happy together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good looking bunch! Lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete