Sunday, January 8, 2012

They ROOST!!!


The babies are roosting!!!  They are 5 weeks and a few days old and I wondered why they were not yet interested in roosting.  Maybe they just needed one to start so they could all follow suit.  They do love to copy one another.  If one goes to eat, they all go to eat.  If one drinks, they all drink.  And so on.  Everything is a group sport in the chicken world.

Anyway, I peeked out at them last night around 10pm and this is what I saw.  Of course they hear the door open so they all croon their necks to see if I'm going to come out to give them treats.  The camera flash woke them up and they all stood up and started running around so this was the only shot I got but you can clearly see they have all mastered the art of roosting.

Guess I'd better get over to the hardware store and buy an extra 2x4 so I can modify the big girls house to accommodate them once they are big enough to roost with them.  Probably in another 4-6 weeks.

3 comments:

  1. They are so cute! They so much remind me of Oyster Cracker and Sunshine :) Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! They are just adorable! I just love Buff Orpingtons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, me too. And they are so fun now that they are becoming interactive. I love scooping them up and just cuddling with them. They are so sweet and friendly.

    ReplyDelete