Sunday, September 4, 2011

My chickens are NOT spoiled

My husband tells me all the time how spoiled my chickens are.  I do not deny the fact that they live quite well.  It's my way of righting some of the injustices that chickens have suffered and continue to suffer today; living in tight quarters, never seeing the light of day or getting a chance to scratch in the dirt.

This morning I mashed up a ripe banana and mixed it in with some powered feed and water and took it out to my girls as a treat.  Coco, LOVES bananas and will gladly eat a whole one all by herself if given the chance.  Mixing it with some mash insures she's getting some protein and calcium along with her banana treat.  And her sisters also have a fighting chance of getting some treat too.

Anyway, last night we were watching The Millionaire Matchmaker and Patti takes one of her clients to meet Tori Spelling to see that there are women out there who have careers AND still have time to bake, run a house AND raise chickens.

Check out the video clip.  Her silky Coco lives in her kitchen and gladly helps herself to a fresh baked scone right off the table.

http://www.peoplepets.com/people/pets/article/0,,20522388,00.html

So suddenly my very spoiled chickens, don't seem quite as spoiled anymore.  Shhhhhh, don't tell them this.

1 comment: